Gregory’s Room progress photos






















Artist Statement:

My Gregor's room model is a demonstration of loneliness in outer space. I made Gregor resemble an anthropomorphic cat with a green nose in astronaut clothing. The orange mattress represents that attention that Gregor most desires but does not seem to quite get it. The yellow on the blanket represents the happiness that Gregor feels when he does want to be alone and when he wants to be with others. The blue pillow represents the sadness that Gregor feels when no one wants to be around him. The small green pillow represents the calm environment when Gregor is seen to be the only one in the room. The treasure chest that is next to his bed is filled with many of the interests that can keep him occupied in his bedroom as he wishes that he could share them with someone that has the same ones like his.

In my progress photos, I had to wrap a lot of paper together with water instead of glue or tape. With the mattress, I had to a 9 x 12 paper to another to shape it up the size that I wanted. I also had to curl up big sheets of paper, without cutting them, to make the mattress puffy. Afterward, I had to wrap slightly smaller pieces of paper to keep everything for that part of the bed. I had to do the same for the pillows, but with puffing them less and making them smaller to fit Gregor's head when he is laying on top of them. as for the blanket, I crippled a big sheet of paper to give it texture. After all of that, that is when I started painting the paper items with different colors of ink. With the mattress and one of the pillows, I used more than one ink color to make them look tye-dye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner and A Movie

A few of my favorite things